General participation rules for the Diapason Festival's 9th edition
- Applicants must come from Quebec or Ontario and be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 40 years old (inclusively) for the whole duration of the festival.
- All musical genres and styles are accepted.
- All songs presented and performed must be original compositions; remixes, covers and adaptations of any kind are not accepted.
- Selected applicants must be available at all time between July 6th and 9th, 2017.
- Applicants must submit three (3) original compositions in digital format.
- Registration fees are $43.11 (taxes included) and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Fees are payable online by PayPal. Applicants may also pay by cheque (sent by mail) but must obtain prior authorization from the festival’s organisation.
- Selected applicants will receive a fee for their performance. They are responsible (with possible exceptions) for their transportation and lodging.
- The jury’s decisions are final. Given the large number of application files submitted and re-viewed, the festival’s organisation does not convey to the applicants the listening committee’s commentaries.
- The major stage, The discovery scene or the unusual places are the type of shows that are proposed.
APPLICATION FILES MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE LATEST ON FEBRUARY 8TH, 2017.
The Diapason Festival and La Centrale des artistes wish to encourage Laval artists to submit their application in order to further promote our region and its local talents. We really want to know you!
Free inscription is only available to applicants who live in Laval or bands of which at least one official, permanent member (and not a substitute and/or occasional musician) resides in Laval. To validate your choice, a proof of residence must be provided.
YOUR APPLICATION FILE MUST INCLUDE:
- the completed online application
- three (3) original compositions in digital format
- full payment of $43.11 by PayPal
- a biography
- a high-resolution picture (for promotional use)
- a press kit (if available)
- complete technical information and stage setup
- a proof of residence (for Laval applicants only)